12.09.2004

Is Walgreens Anti-Semitic?

The other day a Jewish co-worker of mine mentioned that she had a disturbing experience while shopping at Walgreens. She was trying to find labels for Chanukah presents. You know the one's I mean, they say TO: and FROM: usually with a little dreidel or menorah on them. Much to her surprise there were no Chanukah labels in all of Walgreens. Sure there were plenty of Christmas labels, but nil, nada, zero Chanukah labels.

Then she went to get a Chanukah card for her parents and there was a card for Mom and one for Dad, but not one for Parents. Which leads me to this: Do the people at Hallmark think that Jewish parents get divorced more than our Christmas celebrating friends? Perhaps that's why there was not a single Chanukah card that said Parents on it.

I don't know what's going on at Walgreens, but I think it just comes down to good old fashioned anti-semitism. Wait a minute, is there such a thing as good old fashioned anti-semitism? You would think down here in southern Florida you'd have about 50% of your holiday items geared towards Jews. I say ban Walgreens.

4 Comments:

Blogger Hijacked Hatred said...

Walgreens, being a national chain, probably does little in the way of local marketing. I'd cut them a little slack. I don't deny the presence of anti-Semitism (old-fashioned? Yes. Maybe the oldest), but I don't think Walgreens is guilty.
Although, I'm not Jewish, so I'm not very good at determining the tell-tale signs. There isn't much anti-Dutchism going on. Not many people despise the wooden shoes.
If you don't mind, I'm going to link to you from my blog. You have a terrific site!

December 11, 2004 at 8:41 PM  
Blogger JACE1020 said...

please read this about the treatment of one Walgreens employee

http://evilwalgreens.blogspot.com/

November 5, 2005 at 3:30 AM  
Blogger Dee said...

How quick you people scream anti Semite! Get a grip... Perhaps they sold out of the popular item u were looking for. Ever think of that ?? I guess it's much easier for you to scream bloody murder!

January 24, 2009 at 1:55 PM  
Blogger JP said...

STOP FUCKING WHINING, JEWS!

July 6, 2013 at 11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home